Tuesday, August 17, 2010

The Inaugural Post: Wherein I Demonstate My Powers Of Inane Rambling

I've never considered myself a "blog guy."  However, I think that living internationally as a twenty-something necessitates I become one.  I tried to confront the fact that, at the end of the day, blogs are somewhat narcissistic.  However, when I looked in the mirror to have the conversation, I just couldn't stop complimenting my reflection.  I mean, that guy is SMOKIN'.  Eventually the tension was palpable, the air crackling with romance and--dare I say it?--lust. I made a move, only to be shut down by a hard, reflective surface.  Rejection has never tasted so . . . Windex-y.  I had to leave, but as I did my best to walk out of that bathroom with my dignity intact, I heard a whistle echo off the mirror.

I am now, officially, a blog guy.  I hope to infuse this corner of the interweb with some interesting insight, recent relevancy, putrid puns, lyrical lilts, and ample alliteration (huzzah!).  Also, you will have to strap yourselves in for some wild Pati humor (huzzah, huzzah!).  If these things are not to your pleasing, you can always admire my leaf.  I picked it out myself, and it is a beautiful leaf.  Go on, don't be shy, admire the leaf a little bit.  There you go.

I strained myself, ultimately pulling the cerebral equivalent of a hammy--I suppose that would be in or around the brain stem, as it most looks like a meaty, well formed, athletically inclined gam--when naming this web log.  Perhaps you don't believe me.  Allow me to show you the rather rotten fruits of my labor:

Pati Time (Winner)  
Pati Humor 
The Pati Mouth (Runner up)                           
J.(Pa)T(i)n Indonesia
Pati Language       
Pati Cakes  
Pati: Not Just Your Aunt's Name
Can You Spot Me In Pati? (Second Most Embarrassing)
LoPatamy
Spotty in Pati (Most Embarrassing Idea)
Would you like a CuPati? (Wow, Pretty Bad)
Does Anyone Here Want To Be Friends With The Tall White Guy?

You might be thinking, "but J.T., you don't really have that many names, given that you strained yourself so terribly as to jostle an important, albeit fictional, brain muscle/tendon."  Well, in response, I suppose I didn't know how to stretch up there.  Also, screw you, I thought it was kind of a lot of names.

Regardless, Pati Time won out because of its vision, its multiple layers of meaning, its descriptiveness, and because I asked someone who asked two other people and they said it was the best of all given options.  I didn't press them into saying whether or not it was, objectively, decent, pretty good, or awesome.  I let them keep their actual opinions to themselves, and I assumed they thought I was, if not a genius, wildly clever.  I'm sure they were thinking that, anyway.

So, without further ado or flourishing, here is Pati Time, for your reading (dis)pleasure.

No comments:

Post a Comment